Healthcare Administrative Services seeks a full-time Certified Coding Specialist to join our team. The coder will review patients’ medical records; assign appropriate procedures and diagnosis codes according to regulatory guidelines; attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Knowledge of billing office procedures.
- Proficiency in medical records coding procedures.
- Exceptional skill in English grammar and spelling.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with physicians and billing office staff. Ability to maintain confidentially of sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a course in medical record training. Current coding certificate from AAPC, HIMA, etc.
- Prefer 3 years experience in medical office setting preferably in anesthesia.
Healthcare Administrative Services (HAS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Anesthesia Associates of Kansas City (AAKC), a privately held medical group which employs approximately 120 physicians and 135 mid-level providers and clinical staff. HAS and its 40 employees provide all the management, administrative and billing support to AAKC. HAS employees enjoy:
- Convenient location just off of 435 and Antioch
- Friendly office environment with flexible hours
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through in-service meetings, education programs, webinars, etc.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401k with match
Interested candidates should send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com OR mail to Human Resources, Healthcare Administrative Services, 8717 West 110th Street, Suite 600, Overland Park, KS 66210. Final candidate will need to pass a background check and drug screen.
AAKC/HAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.