Pain Management Associates (Kansas City, MO) is recruiting a medical technologist to join our practice. The medical technologist performs testing to provide data for evaluation of patient specimens in the specialties of routine chemistry and hematology. They must perform at a high degree of professional excellence including but not limited to sound and independent judgment, reliability, initiation, flexibility, and interpersonal relationships and communications.
The medical technologist will perform the following duties:
- Perform various testing with patient specimens using analytical equipment.
- Perform quality control procedures according to established protocol.
- Perform remedial actions and records all quality control failures and corrective actions according to established protocol.
- Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
- Perform and log instrument maintenance according to established protocol.
- Perform calibration of instruments as necessary and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing.
- Follow established protocols for analysis, quality, and ancillary procedures.
- Judge acceptability of specimens and rejects/requests new specimens as indicated.
- Answers inquiries regarding test results, methodologies, test specificity, test sensitivity, and factors that can influence test results.
- Rotates stock and maintains adequate inventory, notifies appropriate personnel when stock is low.
- MT Certification (AMT, ASCP, HHS, HEW, NCA) preferred.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Medical Technology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics.
- Ability to read and comprehend English and follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Good communication skills in both written and oral form.
- Advanced math skills to set limits, understand and use CV’s and SD’s.
- Ability to recognize potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens, bodily secretions, and/or hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Physical requirements: Ability to lift 35 pounds; visual and auditory acuity; ability to walk and bend down; ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; good eye/hand coordination and dexterity.
Pain Management Associates focuses on diagnosing and managing pain, studying what causes it, how the body reacts to it, how different treatments reduce or eliminate the pain, and how others can be used to relieve many painful conditions. Pain Management Associates offers the collective expertise of eleven anesthesiologists all of whom are certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology; and have additional subspecialty certification in pain management and/or fellowship training in pain medicine.
We offer a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits. Please send resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Pain Management Associates, a subsidiary of Anesthesia Associates of Kansas City (AAKC) is an equal opportunity employer.